Lauki also called Bottle Guard. Lauki halwa has same recipe as Gajar Halwa but lauki halwa will take some time to cook. Lauki is a great source of Vitamin C , K and Calcium. Now let’s see the step by step recipe of Lauki Halwa.
- 1 Kg – Lauki OR Bottle Guard
- 1.5 Litter – Full Fat Milk
- 1 Cup – Ghee
- 5-6 TSP – Sugar (Also You can use Khada Sakar (Mishri)
- 1 Cup – Cream
- 1 cup – almond powder
- Step by step Recipes and photos
- Step 1 :- Peel your lauki and wash very well.
- Step 2 :- Squeeze the water
- Step 3 :- Heat the heavy bottom Or Non-stick pan
- Step 4 :- Add ghee and add Lauki
- Step 5 :- Saute the lauki around 10 minutes in ghee.
- Other side boil the milk
- Step 6 :- you can smell the aroma of ghee now now add boiled milk & cream
- Step 7: – simmer halwa on low to medium flame and stir often
- Cook until the Halwa turns thick.
- Now add sugar mix it very well and let it cook for 5 minutes , add almond powder mix again and serve hot.
- Must saute the lauki first in ghee to reduce raw flavor
- always use boiled milk it will save your cooking time
- always taste lauki before using it for halwa
Try another indian traditional sweet dish Rice Kheer
You may also like